Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Our Broken World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awakening!

I forgot my password

Poll

How do you like this site?
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% [ 7 ]
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap54%Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 54% [ 14 ]
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Latest topics

» Ruins of the City
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 7:45 pm by Sylvia

» The Mountains
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 am by Shadow Of Hope

» I'satta A'k'ima Kpangbah, the wild one!
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 am by Sylvia

» Soul-The lone one
Ruins  of the City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 am by Soul

Affiliates

+3
Coax
Jack is Awesome
Sylvia
7 posters

Ruins of the City

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Ruins  of the City - Page 2 Empty Ruins of the City

Post by Sylvia Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is mostly all that is left of the city. Ruins of concrete, brick, wood and steel lay about in a scattering of rubble. Some anthros and humans are buried or trapped here, some alive, most dead.It's our duty to find the survivors.

Ruins  of the City - Page 2 City_of_ruins_by_freelancerart-d2z7ck5

Last edited by Sylvia on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Ruins  of the City - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruins of the City

Post by sevenfangs Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:03 am

I heard a voice echo in my ears, thinking I was dead I ignored it, but realizing my body was no longer being crushed I weakly opened my eyes.

"Still breathing down there?" the voice said (quote by Coax)

I nodded coughing heavily "Thanks " I said with a crackly voice. As I tried to get up I stumbled catching myself on a pile of rock. Slowly I gained balance and stood upright.

"Who are you? What happened to the city?" I asked weakly as I sat down on a boulder.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:47 am

I eyed the door for a while, patiently waiting for Coax to show up. After awhile I grew worried. I looked at Berry. "Please excuse me," I said. "I'll return promptly, I want to check Coax." While going out the doorframe I heard the crumbling of rubble and my eyes widened. "Coax!" I shouted. I dropped to all fours and bounded over toward where I heard the rubble fell. When I approached I was grateful when I saw Coax was at the rubble but not under it. I slowed down when I got near and saw another creature come from the rubble. A fox! I cocked my head and slowly walked around the creature. He didn't seem to be a threat so I would not act threatening in return. Though I raised my hackles slightly. I stood next to Coax. "Who do we have here?" I asked curiously.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:16 am

I looked to the newcomer, who asked me my name. "Call me Andrew" I said coughing up dust and catching my breath.

"Do either of you know what happened here. Last I remember I was sneaking into the building here to take soda from the vending machine. Then everything just collapsed and that is all I remember. Then on the way out after I dug myself out, I got pummeled by debris again." I said as I tore of a piece of my shirt and used it to make a sling for my left arm that broke in the fall.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 pm

I watched the stranger, heard him speak. He seemed alright. I slowly lowered my hackles and took a step towards him. I cocked my head to the side when he said his name. I approached him on all fours and stopped a step away. "I don't know what happened either," I say. "None of us do. It just...happened. There's really no way to describe it." I watched him rip off a part of his shirt and try to make a sling with it. His left arm appeared broken. I didn't dare touch him or make a movement in his direction. But I caught his eye. "I wouldn't do that..." I cautioned.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm

"Do what? Make a sling? Unless you know first aid this is the only idea I got." I said comforted a little that I wasn't the only one confused. "Do you know how the forest is to the north. Is it still standing?"
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:24 pm

I nodded slowly at him. "You have to set it first before you can wrap it and put it in a sling." I motioned at his arm with my muzzle. "A sling won't do you any good. It just keeps it immobile, it doesn't actually heal it." I stood upright and looked slightly downward at him, then at his arm. I didn't touch him but gave him a hesitant glance at it. I stared at the broken limb for a while then looked back at him. "I haven't been outside th city since its destruction. I don't now if your forest to the north still stands or has fallen to splinters."
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:30 pm

"Ok do you know how to set a bone. I never really did first aid to this extent before. Of course I never had a building dropped on me before." I said as I stopped with the piece of cloth. "I don't want to ruin my arm permanently so thanks for the tip."

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:45 pm

I watched him cautiously then hesitantly took his wrist and elbow in each hand. "This will hurt a lot," I warned. I looked at him firmly. "But the pain will recede quickly. Brace yourself." I made my grip on his arm firm and then quickly pulled his wrist and elbow away from each other. I relaxed the tension and slowly relaxed it. With a faint crack the bones snapped cleanly into place. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye then slowly ran my claws faintly over the break to make sure it had been set properly. It was. I wrapped it lightly and put the injured arm in the cloth and tied the sling behind his neck. I looked him up and down and the rest of him seemed none the worse for wear.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 am

"Thankyou so much. You have anywhere to stay. I don't know if my den is still standing but i am not sure if its worth the risk. " I said
    "My den is about a quarter mile past the Exxon to the north. I keep an emergency stash of food and stuff but if we can get to the den we can collect it and bring it to some more sturdy shelter" i suggested
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 am

I nod. "I have a place." I dropped to all fours. "We should risk it. There isn't much food here anymore. We need to get what we can." I walk slowly, my claws clicking on the ground. "Come, well go slow. There is no need to reinjure your arm over this." I jumped onto a slab of concrete and looked back at him.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:57 am

"Ok im the handicap. We should be good once we get to the woods. " I said

"By the way what is your name again?" I gestured
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I eyed him briefly as we made our way through the rubble. My claws clicked on concrete and scraped steel with a harsh screech that made me cringe and my fur stand on end. I kept an eye out for broken glass. I had no wish on step on any. "Be careful here," I cautioned as I jumped down a tall piece of asphalt onto the lower ground level concrete, the remains of a sidewalk. I walked silently, letting my long limbs carry m with steady swiftness. When he asked my name I looked at him again. "I didn't." I said simply.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:24 am

"Ok well you can call me Red." I said as I slid down a tilted slab of asphalt. "Thankyou again for pulling me outta the rubble." I said offering my good hand in means of a hand shake.

"I understand if you don't tell me your name. We are naturally enemies. But I never forget a debt." I said calmly. "By the way have you seen many others so far?"

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:11 pm

I nodded silently as we walked. He talks a lot, I thought quietly to myself. I clawed a small rock out of my path with a switch of my foreleg. It bounced away with sharp clicks from the ground. I strode over the cracked ground and he stayed beside me.
    "Thank you again for pulling me outta the rubble." He extended his good paw as means for a handshake.
    I turned my head and looked at him and continued walking. "You don't need to thank me." I said curtly. "I didn't pull you out. Coax did." I turned my head back to the trail.
    "I understand if you don't want to tell me your name. We are naturally enemies. But I never forget a debt."
    I nodded. "And enemies we shall stay." I bounded further up the path, not looking back. I stayed a good distance away from him as I continued to lead him to the remains of the forest.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Coax just sat as the two talked. She was glad Sylvia had shown up and taken all the questions, even if the two held an century's old grudge. To her a dog was a dog; there shouldn't be a reason to hate the other unless they made one. But, enemy's or not, the Fox was lucky Sylvia had shown up. Coax wouldn't have remembered the splint. So she stood, her arm aching after the run, and headed after the far on foot.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:54 pm

"If you don't trust me why did you save me? The least you could do is relax. I wont hurt you. Im not like that. That's why I spent most of the time in the city. Because my kind said I didn't have the heart of a fox. I could not harm a living animal. That is why I became like this. so I would be able to live with out taking a life. I know that you don't trust me but here at least take some food." I said to Coax. "And you too whatever your name is." I said to the both of them. I didn't care that they were quiet but I wanted them to show some sort of happiness that they had survived whatever catastrophe had occurred. "Do you like soda?" I said as I opened my knapsack.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:30 pm

I looked at the fox. I did not like the way he was talking to me and Coax. He was crossing lines and I did not approve of it. Before he could have a chance to retaliate I was on him, pinning him down. I rolled back my lips, showing my teeth. My tongue tensed and curled as I snarled at him. My hackles raised and I dug my clawed fingers into his shoulders. I was tempted to put pressure on his broken arm, hear his yelp of pain, but I refrained. "Smart talk either of again and you will get it," I growled. "Learn your place and stay there." After several seconds I stopped glaring at him and walked away.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:58 pm

"Ok I guess we will being going our own ways then. At least I wont have to worry about sharing." I said as I pulled out a needle and jabbed it into my arm. "You know if you weren't so stubborn you would have had a reliable ally. Its rare that I offer my friendship but oh well who needs you anyway. You'll prob just be a liability anyway. Of course with out you around you would be doing us all a favor. No reason to share my supplies with someone like you. I may have been caught off guard by the disaster but not any more. If you find me and come for help I will not give it to you. "

"Coax if you want you can come with me I don't know if there is anyone else out there but we need to still settle down at somewhere safe. I know a safe place near my den. If we are lucky my den is still sturdy." I said as I eyed the rotten loner cautiously. I tossed a soda to coax and a pair of granola bars. I ate one myself.

I tossed a granola bar and a water to the foul tempered person I didn't know the name of. "This will be my last act of kindness to you. "

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:21 am

I laughed harshly at the fox. "Reliable? Ha," I half snarled half grinned in his direction. "If anything, you are a liability Cripple. I still have the use of all four paws. At least I can hunt and scavenge. At least I can maneuver around instead of being laid up by a fracture. I can hunt, scavenge and forage. I don't need human food. What can you do? What'll happen when your "food supply" runs out? You already said you don't have the guts to kill anything. You are a sad excuse for a fox." I tipped my ears back and growled. I tossed the food back at him. "Keep it Cripple."
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:06 am

"Fine, you may think little of me but there is more to me than you know." I said as I tore off my bandage. "In a situation like this the best anyone can do is rely on numbers. Also you should be glad for any food that you get. I Food is still food. Unlike you i have a game plan for this type of scenario. But i will not push my offer on you anymore"

"Of course I have a lot of secrets. as I am sure that you do. As with the fact I faked my injury." I said as I tore off my bandage and flexed my arm. "You see i do act like a fox in some ways. Only reason i walked with you this far is cause i wanted to see how much of a threat you were to me. But seeing as you aren't its no matter.  And i don't have time to deal with threats. Besides i could easily have killed ya a moment ago." i said pointing at her chest. Where a wound was located perfectly between her heart and right lung. I held a bloody knife cleaning it with a cloth on my hip. After it was clean i sheathed it.

"Coax if you wish to travel with me just let me know. I will be heading east. I will wait three days over at the old market. But i will leave then. " i said as i began walking away. "Of course that piece of trash you are with will not be welcome. Only an idiot would travel with her expecting to survive."
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 am

I drew up to my full height and towered over him. He foolishly ripped off his sling. I shook my head at him and smiled. He claimed the break was fake and shook my head again. "It's not fake fox," I said calmly. "When I set the bone I felt them move, I felt the fracture in the bone. I felt the two pieces of one bone. All you will do is injure it again. I know your a fox and at this point I do not care. Bones physically can not heal in a few days no matter what you do or what you are."
    I chuckled. "Numbers get you killed here fox. This isn't a game. There is no strategy. There are no rules. What happens today can very well be different tomorrow. You could be dead tomorrow. There is no set of rules. Nothing is reliable. People aren't reliable. People cheat and steal and lie and betray. Nothing is reliable here."
    He started talking about how much of a fox he is and I rolled my yes unimpressed. He talks way too much. He's all bark and no bite. My point was proven as he took out a knife and stabbed me with it. That made me mad. That was the last draw. I leaped on him as he turned around to walk away. I was much bigger than he was and pinned him down with my weight alone. I swiftly ripped the knapsack off his back and threw it away. I cut the sheath from his belt and threw it next to the knapsack. As a precautionary measure I ripped open all his pockets and found no more knives.
    I held him down so he couldn't move. I pressed his face in the grass with my muzzle. "Only a fool would travel with you," I said calmly. "You can't even defend yourself. You have to rely on pathetic human weapons." I opened my mouth and delicately put both jaws around his neck, like a fatal necklace. A choker , I thought, I smiled. "You missed all vitals fox," I said. "You missed everything. It doesn't even hurt. You hit a rib. A wolf's anatomy is slightly different from a fox's. However my teeth do not miss like your human knife. I know exactly where your jugular is. Your not the first fox I've killed." I licked my raspy tongue on his throat. I opened my jaws and lightly pinched the skin. I made my expectations quite clear. "You move, you die."
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 am

"She's not kidding," Coax said, her voice cold. After That, there was no way she'd tag along with him. The first time he'd called Sylvia a liability Coax had seen how pride could twist his mind so far he couldn't tell a turkey from a rock if it meant protecting his persona. But he was right in one aspect- food was food. She caught the soda and granola bars with one hand, using her stomach as barrier because she knew she couldn't do it with one hand alone. "But thanks. And I'd stick with the wolf any day if it meant not having to travel with a Fox who couldn't kill."
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:05 pm

"So you say if i move i die, its kinda the same with you too." I said as i jabbed my hand into the wound. "You will die if you dont get off me. Just cause my skin is small means nothing .and yes you felt the bone but it was no fracture. It was a joint. So you think size matters it doesnt." I said as i smiled. "If so much as flex, you are dead. I dont kill i cause suffering." I said as i cut deeper with myclaws.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:50 pm

I closed my jaws and brushed my teeth on the back of his neck but didnt bite him. I raised my head up off him and kept my jaws locked. I lossened my grip on his arm. I met his eye. "There is no joint in the middle of your forearm fox," I stated calmly. I lifted my chest off of his claws, taking his hand out of my minor wound. Delicately I took his paw in my own and looked at it. I cocked my curiously at it, how similar it was to mine. And yet how different. I pressed it onto the ground under my paw. I looked him in the eye again. "Lets agree," I said calmly. "To disagree." I applied pressure in the correct point on his hand and smiled when I felt his bones snap. Before he could do anything I had jumped off him and stood a short distance away.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:27 pm

"Hahahahahaha. I guess you will just end up beg a nuisance. Like most wolves." I said as I changed outta my skin revealing my animal form. A fox equivalent in size to a full grown wolf. "My joints are loosely connected so I can freely disconnect and connect my joints, the humans have a term for it called contortionism. You merely shifted a few bones." I said as I jumped onto a ledge

"Of course if you were all that bright you would have noticed the group that was following us all." I said as I laughed.

"Ill let you deal with them. I have duties to get back to." I said as I threw a mason jar on the ground below. which burst into flames.

"Also as a suggestion I think you should heal the wound I gave you. If you can. If you don't think so, wait another half hour and you'll be dead. " I laughed as I ran down the street with speed far more than any wolf could keep up with. "So long roadkill"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am